The editorial team at Fortress Press considers projects on an ongoing basis. If you would like to submit your project for consideration, please do so by contacting the editor whose interests align most closely to yours.
Book proposals must include a number of important elements. Please review our submissions guidelines document to ensure that your proposal is complete.
The Fortress Press editorial team consists of:
- Will Bergkamp, Editor-in-Chief – Christian history, especially Luther and Reformation studies
- Carey Newman, Executive Editor – Old Testament, Ancient Near East Studies, Second Temple Judaism, New Testament, early Christianity, and Christology
- Neil Elliott, Senior Acquisitions Editor – monographs and technical works in biblical studies, theology, Christian history (in partnership with Lexington Books under Fortress Academic)
- Beth Gaede, Senior Acquisitions Editor – ministry, especially leadership, pastoral care, and parish life
- Scott Tunseth, Senior Acquisitions Editor – ministry, especially preaching, Bible, and educational resources
- Jesudas Athyal, Acquisitions Editor – world Christianity, world religions, South Asian and Indian scholarship
- Ryan Hemmer, Acquisitions Editor – theology, culture, biblical studies, ethics, and philosophy
- Emily King, Acquisitions Editor – religion, culture, theology, history, and literature
Due to volume of proposals, our editorial staff can respond only to those that are a potential fit for our publishing program.