The editorial team at Fortress Press considers projects on an ongoing basis. If you would like to submit your project for consideration, please do so by contacting the editor whose interests align most closely to yours.
Book proposals must include a number of important elements. Please review our submissions guidelines document to ensure that your proposal is complete.
The Fortress Press editorial team consists of:
- Ryan Hemmer, Editor-in-Chief – theology, culture, biblical studies, ethics, and philosophy
- Carey Newman, Executive Editor – Old Testament, Ancient Near East Studies, Second Temple Judaism, New Testament, early Christianity, and Christology
- Jesudas Athyal, Acquisitions Editor – world Christianity, world religions, South Asian and Indian scholarship
- Daniel José Camacho, Acquisitions Editor – history, ethics, and culture
- Laura Gifford, Acquisitions Editor – Ministry, especially leadership, educational resources, and ministry in context; American religious history
- Yvonne D. Hawkins, Acquisitions Editor – Ministry, especially pastoral care and counseling, social justice, womanism, and the practices of the church
- Bethany Dickerson, Associate Acquisitions Editor – theology, culture, literature, religious history, and biblical studies
- Gayla Freeman, Associate Acquisitions Editor – monographs and technical works in biblical studies, theology, Christian history (in partnership with Lexington Books under Fortress Academic)
Due to volume of proposals, our editorial staff can respond only to those that are a potential fit for our publishing program.