Dietrich Bonhoeffer bequeathed to humanity a legacy of theological creativity and spirituality that continues to intrigue people from a variety of backgrounds. Life Together gathers Bonhoeffer’s 1938 reflections on the character of Christian community, based on the common life that he and his seminarians experienced at the Finkenwalde Seminary.
Using the acclaimed Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works English translation and adapted to a more accessible format, these new editions of Discipleship, Ethics, Letters and Papers from Prison, and Life Together feature the latest translations of Bonhoeffer’s works, supplemental material from Victoria J. Barnett, and insightful introductions by Geffrey B. Kelly, Clifford J. Green, and John W. de Gruchy.
Discipleship is a classic exposition of what it means to follow Christ in a modern world beset by a dangerous and criminal government. "Every call of Jesus is a call to death," Bonhoeffer wrote. His own life ended in martyrdom on April 9, 1945.
Ethics is the culmination of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's theological and personal odyssey. Using the acclaimed Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works English translation and adapted to a more accessible format, this new edition features an insightful introduction by Clifford Green and supplemental material from Victoria J. Barnett.
Despite Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s earlier theological achievements and writings, it was his correspondence and notes from prison that electrified the postwar world. The materials gathered and selected by his friend Eberhard Bethge in Letters and Papers from Prison...
Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works series is the definitive English translation of the German editions of Dietrich Bonhoeffer Werke—a comprehensive and thoroughly annotated sixteen-volume resource for the study of Bonhoeffer in the wider frame of twentieth-century thought and history. In addition to the original translation series, the adapted Reader's Edition volumes include supplemental material from DBWE general editor, Victoria J. Barnett, as well as insightful introductions by Bonhoeffer scholars which clarify the theological meaning and importance of his work.
More books by and about Bonhoeffer
- The Bonhoeffer Reader, Clifford J. Green, Michael P. DeJonge
- Interpreting Bonhoeffer: Historical Perspectives, Emerging Issues Clifford J. Green, Guy C. Carter
- The Collected Sermons of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Isabel Best, editor
- A Church Undone: Documents from the German Christian Faith Movement, 1932-1940, Mary M. Solberg
- Bonhoeffer and King: Their Legacies and Import for Christian Social Thought, Willis Jenkins, Jennifer McBride
- Who Is Christ for Us?, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Craig L. Nessan
- Psalms: The Prayer Book of the Bible, Dietrich Bonhoeffer