The unique encounter of African Americans with the Bible has shaped centuries of spirituality and social engagement of a whole continent. Highly respected biblical scholar Vincent Wimbush here outlines the five phases of African American reading and shows how the Bible offered a language-world through which Africans Americans have negotiated the strange land into which they were thrust.
- Publisher Fortress Press
- ISBN 9786000173906
- Format Digital Download
- Pages 112
- Publication Date January 2, 2003
International OrdersPlease note that our online store can only accept orders originating in the United States or Canada. For all other countries, downloadable products can be purchased by calling us at
- Name and full billing address (as they appear on your credit card statements)
- Credit card account number and expiration date
- ISBN and title for each downloadable product you are ordering
- Email address (if ordering by telephone)
Once your order has been processed, Augsburg Fortress Customer Service will email the purchased file(s) to you. For security reasons, files will only be sent to the email address from which the order was received.
System RequirementsAdobe Reader
In order to view and print this PDF document, Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later is required. You may download the free Adobe Reader.