Table of Contents
I The Messianic Perspective
1. The Genesis of the Messianic Hope
2. The Grove of the Messianic Figure
3. Messianic Categories
4. Christology in Jewish—Christian Dialogue
II Trends and Transmutations in Christology
1. The Identity of Christology and Its Relevance
2. The Theme and Scheme of Cosmological Christology
3. The Theme and Scheme of Anthropological Christology
4. Christology in the Contradictions of Scientific and Technological Civilization
III The Messianic Mission of Christ
1. Spirit Christology
2. Christ's Birth in the Spirit
3. Christ's Baptism in the Spirit
4. The Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the Poor
5. The Healing of the Sick—the Expulsion of Demons
6. The Acceptance of the Outcasts—the Raising Up of the Humiliated
7. The Messianic Way of Life
8. Jesus—The Messianic Person in His Becoming
IV The Apocalyptic Sufferings of Christ
1. The Apocalyptic Horizon of World History
2. The Human Sufferings of Christ: What Death Did Jesus Die?
3. The Divine Sufferings of Christ: Where is God?
4. Righteousness from the Sufferings of Christ: Why Did Christ Die?
5. The Fellowship of Christ's Sufferings: Martyrology Today
6. The Remembrance of Christ's Sufferings
V The Eschatological Resurrection of Christ
1. The Genesis and Unique Character of the Christian Faith in the Resurrection
2. History and the Resurrection of Christ: the Theological Problem
3. The Resurrection of Christ and History: the Historical Problem
4. Nature and the Resurrection of Christ: the Theological Problem
5. The Resurrection of Christ and Nature: the Natural Problem
6. Becoming Alive in the Spirit of the Resurrection: the Uniting of What has been Separated
VI The Cosmic Christ
1. 'The Greater Christ'
2. Christthe Ground of Creation
3. ChristEvolution's Driving Force or Its Victim?
4. Christthe Redeemer of Evolution The Counter-Movement
5. The Community of Creation is a Community based on Law
VII The Parousia of Christ
1. A Little Apologia for the Expectation of the Parousia
2. 'The Coming One'
3. 'The Day of the Lord'
4. 'From thence he shall come...': the Category of Heaven
5. '...to judge both the quick and the dead'
6. Expectant Creativity: the Expectation of the Parousia and Affirmed Embodiment
Index of Names
Index of Confessions, Creeds, and Other Documents